Lauriston Castle is a 16th-century tower house with 19th-century extensions overlooking the Firth of Forth, in Edinburgh, Scotland. It lies on Cramond Road South, between Cramond and Davidson’s Mains. The substantial grounds, Lauriston Castle Gardens, operate as a local park.
The oldest part of the castle is a fortified tower house, which was built for Sir Archibald Napier about 1560. Between 1824 and 1827 the house was transformed by the addition of a large two story extension in the Jacobean style.
Also, Lauriston Castle has a Edinburgh-Kyoto Friendship Garden
Following Japanese Custom the garden has been given a name reflecting its character, which is, in translation “Castle Garden of Water to Beyond” it was created on the former site of the castle’s kitchen garden and opened on 9th August 2002