From the Metro: –
For out of this world festivals, fireworks and food, head straight to Edinburgh. Here you will not only find its iconic castle overlooking that famous Georgian architecture, but also a whole host of hidden gems you might not have first associated with the Scottish capital.
Thanks to its beauty and cinema hits such as Sunshine on Leith, the city has the feel of a living, breathing film set…but to the delight of visitors and residents alike, Edinburgh’s shopping, dining and attractions are just as thrilling as its good looks.
1. It’s the number one festival city in the world
2. A food lover’s dream
3. City of literature
4. One great big movie location
5. It’s a city of layers
6. Edinburgh’s favourite tipple
7. Edinburgh’s secret gardens
8. A tail of two dogs
9. Independent fashion sense
10. We can’t get enough of the pyrotechnics
Read the Full List, with each point in detail here …