This is the University of Edinburgh’s New College, located on the mound opened in 1846, it’s now the location of the school of divinity. The spire in the middle is the Hub, Home of the Edinburgh International Festival.
On the left is the statue of John Knox who was responsible for the The Scottish Reformation
Fun fact! In 1999 it was the temporary home of the first Scottish Parliament in nearly 300 year